Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Phone calls and Anxiety

"Sasama si Emma?*," asked Richard** (my friend who invited me to the party) when I met him for lunch at the canteen. Almost everyone at the there looked at us when he yelled "Yon!" when I said that she'll be coming and that we even picked out a dress. I told him not to make a big deal out of it, but I think he didn't listen. He made a humorous comment about "tadhana" and other cheesy remarks while patting my back at the cafeteria queue.

"Kita kits mamaya. 7:30 yon," Richard reminded me before we parted.

I can tell that Emma is very anxious about tonight's party by the number of text messages and phone calls we had all day. She wanted to have enough time to prepare for the party and she was worried that we might arrive late. She was fuzzing over the new dress (and the shoes) that we bought last sunday. I kept replying that she'll look fine and there is nothing to worry. I think that made her worry even more.

We kept texting each other until we came to an agreement that I'll just leave the office early so I can pick her up from work. We agreed that this is the fastest way to get home.

It’s a good thing that I didn't have much to do today. Talking to her while at work is such a healthy distraction. I make every excuse to call her instead of texting because she sometimes carries her call centre accent (or technically according to her, "the lack of accent") in our phone conversations. I make fun of it by imitating a British or Indian accent and she would shush me Lol.

A funny detail about her text messages is she uses the ü character (for a smile) three times at the end of almost every message. It’s like her signature, and I can tell that something is wrong if the üüü is missing. It also makes things easy for me to determine who the sender is if she is just borrowing her officemate's phone. I would equate the üüü to her grin that she wears when:

1) She is excited/happy.
2) She finds something funny; or
3) She wants to ask a favor.

In this case, I think she is grinning for all three reasons.

It's almost 5pm and I'll be able to leave in a few minutes to pick her up. Guess how I feel?

üüü

*Emma is not her real name. I picked it out because Richard (not his real name either) suggested it from the anime (Emma: A Victorian Romance). I won't spoil the anime, but you can just Google it.
**Richard is not his real name either. I chose this for him because his girlfriend's name is Erika. Go figure. XD

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

page up!

up!

up!

UP!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

richard is from DIAMOS? XD

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

richard is from diamos AFAIK
lol.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Aldrin Lew said...

lol

Diamos indeed XD emoryaj and aya each get a cookie lol. When I told Richard about putting him in the blog, he suggested that I call him Aragorn or Ethan hunt or Han Solo or even Austin (Powers). XD He is a regular ego trip lol.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clarification lang: so she used to work at a call center?

keep up with the blogging. super cute ng story ninyo! major kilig factor! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home