Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bandwidth limits, Thunderstorms and Burnt Electronics

My apologies for the cliff hanger. I was pressed for an update yesterday and I didn't have time to complete the article. My new editor advised me to cut the article at that point.

I'm also experiencing technical issues. Some of you may have noticed the changes in the blog lay out. This is because my template flies hosted at Google Pages has exceeded its maximum bandwidth. That is to be expected since the template files I'm using from Blogger Templates is also used by other bloggers, and other template files are hosted in the same Google Pages account as well. As soon as those files become available, I'll transfer them to a different host or a different Google Pages account.

Also, yesterday's thunderstorm fried my router. The router was an old model of an unfamiliar brand which was 5 years old. After some lightning flashes, my room began smelling like burnt copper lol. We left us with no internet access for 24 hours. I promised Emma I'll have the home network back up before she gets home so after driving her to work, I dropped by PC Express at the corner of Makati Ave. and Buendia and got myself a DLink router. I've decided to go branded so I got myself a Dlink router. I could've gone with the LinkSys one, but I need the printer port so I dont have to leave open my PC when someone else needs to print. (Obviously,) I got it installed but configuring the VPN and the ports takes a little getting used to. I also got the new router its own surge protector.

(Since I can't think of other alibis) Hopefully, an update will be available later tonight. Don't hold your breath though.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new editor... hmmm... i have a hunch... a very good hunc... :D

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so who's the old editor?;)i wonder how she reacts when she read this.;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home